The current minimum wage in New Jersey is $8.60 cents an hour. It rises to $8.85 Jan. 1. In a news conference, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy voiced in favor of a $15 minimum wage to support working-class families. Employers and workers also chimed in on the bill in this report from NJTV News.
- “I Don’t Want to Live Like This Forever”: A 14-Year-Old’s Story of “Hidden Homelessness” Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Documentary Exposes Reality of Child Poverty in America in the Time of the Coronavirus
- During the pandemic, two sisters, 12 and 13, are teaching coding classes for charity
- Where Family Caregivers Can Get Financial Assistance
- Missing unemployment checks, scarce jobs for New Jerseyans in coronavirus economy