The current minimum wage in New Jersey is $8.60 cents an hour. It rises to $8.85 Jan. 1. In a news conference, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy voiced in favor of a $15 minimum wage to support working-class families. Employers and workers also chimed in on the bill in this report from NJTV News.
- The Debt We Owe to Our Mothers w/ Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey
- Dream Hoarding w/ Richard Reeves | Attribution Podcast Ep. 9
- “There’s a history of judgment when it comes to people in poverty” — UBI pilot programs look to change that
- When COVID vaccine distribution falls short, local nonprofits and the medical community step in
- For restaurants that survived COVID-19, an uncertain road