According to Betsy Ashton, the rhetoric and policies around immigration should not remain faceless. The former TV news reporter now portrait artist set out to change America’s perception of immigration through life-size portraits. She sits down with MetroFocus to talk about the humane stories behind the immigration controversy.
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past
- In her memoir, NPR’s Aarti Shahani shares her father’s “American Nightmare” in Rikers Island
- Many Miami residents are one economic or natural disaster away from homelesssness
- Three Big Financial Pain Points for Americans — And How to Avoid Them