Meet an artist who set out to change America’s perception of immigration through a series of portraits that portray the many faces of America. Artist Betsy Ashton’s “Portraits of Immigrants: Unknown Faces, Untold Stories” exhibition is on display by appointment on weekdays through June 14, 2018 at Diego Salazar’s Gallery in Long Island City, Queens. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit and get directions. The exhibition will return with many more portraits and stories next January 2019, at Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
- “Pier Kids” Shows The Real Lives of Homeless Queer and Trans Youth of Color
- A Motel Owner Opens Rooms to Those in Need, Even if They Can’t Pay
- The Power of a Pardon | Filmmakers’ Bios
- Building Wealth Among Black & Brown Small Businesses: Camden Workshop Teaches Business Literacy
- How Are Resettlement Organizations Preparing for Afghan Evacuees in New Jersey?