Meet an artist who set out to change America’s perception of immigration through a series of portraits that portray the many faces of America. Artist Betsy Ashton’s “Portraits of Immigrants: Unknown Faces, Untold Stories” exhibition is on display by appointment on weekdays through June 14, 2018 at Diego Salazar’s Gallery in Long Island City, Queens. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit and get directions. The exhibition will return with many more portraits and stories next January 2019, at Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
- A tour inside the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ organization helping homeless youth
- Why older, low-wage workers with chronic conditions are an overlooked population
- Homelessness Among New York City’s Public School Children
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past