Nine months after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico is still in need of reconstruction, but opportunities for innovation have risen from the damage. A new plan for recovery will rebuild Puerto Rico to be stronger and more resilient. Jenna Flanagan reports on the plans to revive the island – which includes bringing “Hamilton” to Puerto Rico- for our partners at MetroFocus.
- A tour inside the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ organization helping homeless youth
- Why older, low-wage workers with chronic conditions are an overlooked population
- Homelessness Among New York City’s Public School Children
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past