Companies like Uber and AirBnB offer everyday people a chance to earn money on their own time. The idea that you can be your own boss and choose your own hours make these freelance jobs popular. But what happens to those who are not able to make ends meet and have to work several of these “gigs”? PBS NewsHour Weekend speaks with author Sarah Kessler about the future of this new “gig-economy.”
- “Pier Kids” Shows The Real Lives of Homeless Queer and Trans Youth of Color
- A Motel Owner Opens Rooms to Those in Need, Even if They Can’t Pay
- The Power of a Pardon | Filmmakers’ Bios
- Building Wealth Among Black & Brown Small Businesses: Camden Workshop Teaches Business Literacy
- How Are Resettlement Organizations Preparing for Afghan Evacuees in New Jersey?