As an assistant professor at Harvard University, Anthony Jack has witnessed the challenging binary that low-income students at elite colleges experience as part of what he called “the privileged poor.” The concept is also the title of his new book, which explores how and why disadvantaged students are struggling at elite colleges. He speaks to MetroFocus about what those schools can do differently to help those students thrive.
- Half of Low Income Communities Have No ICU Beds. Why?
- “I Don’t Want to Live Like This Forever”: A 14-Year-Old’s Story of “Hidden Homelessness” Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Documentary Exposes Reality of Child Poverty in America in the Time of the Coronavirus
- During the pandemic, two sisters, 12 and 13, are teaching coding classes for charity
- Where Family Caregivers Can Get Financial Assistance