As an assistant professor at Harvard University, Anthony Jack has witnessed the challenging binary that low-income students at elite colleges experience as part of what he called “the privileged poor.” The concept is also the title of his new book, which explores how and why disadvantaged students are struggling at elite colleges. He speaks to MetroFocus about what those schools can do differently to help those students thrive.
- Magnolia Mother’s Trust is The Private Financial Assistance Program Helping Single Mothers in Mississippi
- “Invisible Child:” the Life of a Homeless Family in NYC
- Miracle Money: How a Guaranteed Income Fund Is Helping San Francisco’s Homeless
- Remembering bell hooks and her enormous legacy
- California Housing Program Fights a Severe Housing Crisis as Rents and the Prices of Homes Skyrocket