Sanitary and living conditions for an estimated 2,000 homeless people along Los Angeles’ Skid Row are so severe that the United Nations recently compared them to Syrian refugee camps. How does extreme poverty persist in one of the country’s most expensive real estate markets? NewsHour Weekend reports on this follow up to a report written by the UN rapporteur on extreme poverty Philip Alston.
- Dreaming w/ Darryl McDaniels | Attribution Ep. 15
- Community Intervention Collaborative Hosts Public Safety Discussions With Newark Community
- Activist Shams DaBaron on Fixing NYC’s Shelter System
- What We Believe w/ Esau McCaulley | Attribution Ep. 14
- The Bridge Project Offers Cash Grants to Assist Low-Income Single Mothers in New York City