Sanitary and living conditions for an estimated 2,000 homeless people along Los Angeles’ Skid Row are so severe that the United Nations recently compared them to Syrian refugee camps. How does extreme poverty persist in one of the country’s most expensive real estate markets? NewsHour Weekend reports on this follow up to a report written by the UN rapporteur on extreme poverty Philip Alston.
- Rev. Barber on Misinformation and Seeking Justice During COVID-19
- Essential or Expendable? Rev. William Barber on Poverty and the Political Response to COVID-19
- How Will New York Restart its Economy After COVID-19?
- Rev. William Barber on the impact of COVID-19 on people of color, voter suppression
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic is Hurting Street Vendors (Op-Ed)