Sanitary and living conditions for an estimated 2,000 homeless people along Los Angeles’ Skid Row are so severe that the United Nations recently compared them to Syrian refugee camps. How does extreme poverty persist in one of the country’s most expensive real estate markets? NewsHour Weekend reports on this follow up to a report written by the UN rapporteur on extreme poverty Philip Alston.
- Council Member Vanessa Gibson on Overcoming Vaccine Skepticism in Black and Latino Communities
- The Reality of Nomadland Life in America
- MasterChef’s Aaron Sanchez on Fatherhood and “Rescuing Your Roots” Through Food
- The Deeply Personal Stories Behind the American Dream w/ Nicholas Kristof
- How zoning can restrict, or even prevent, affordable housing