Lots of dissent has arisen over undocumented immigrants in America, especially after GOP front-runner Donald Trump made his feelings clear on illegal aliens. Julissa Arce is one of the many voices speaking out against Trump and his negative views on the subject. Although she was the Vice President of Goldman Sachs from 2010 to 2011 and Director of Merrill Lynch from 2012 to 2014, up until 2009 Arce was an undocumented immigrant from Mexico. In 2012, Julissa started the Ascend Educational Fund, a volunteer-based nonprofit that aims to provide educational scholarships and mentorship to students of exceptional promise and helps them reach their full potential through higher education. She joins us to talk about her journey to her American dream and what her fund is looking to accomplish.
- “I Don’t Want to Live Like This Forever”: A 14-Year-Old’s Story of “Hidden Homelessness” Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Documentary Exposes Reality of Child Poverty in America in the Time of the Coronavirus
- During the pandemic, two sisters, 12 and 13, are teaching coding classes for charity
- Where Family Caregivers Can Get Financial Assistance
- Missing unemployment checks, scarce jobs for New Jerseyans in coronavirus economy