While northern Manhattan has experienced progress in recent years, a startling new report by the Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York reveals racial inequality and income disparities in this region of the city. Development and gains in this area have not been experienced equally among residents, with the issues of poverty, housing stability, and others persisting, particularly for black and Latino families. Our partners at MetroFocus have the story.
- A tour inside the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ organization helping homeless youth
- Why older, low-wage workers with chronic conditions are an overlooked population
- Homelessness Among New York City’s Public School Children
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past