This piece was produced by our partners at PBS NewsHour. Morocco says it wants to be the Saudi Arabia of solar energy. Its flagship project is a first-of-its-kind, $9-billion energy plant called Noor, meaning “light” in Arabic, and the size of the city of Paris. Special Correspondent Monica Villamizar reports from the city of Ouarzazate.
- What Are The Environmental and Ethical Costs of Tea Production?
- Climate change was once a bipartisan issue. Can it happen again in the Biden presidency?
- Climate Change Might Mean More Jellyfish, What Does That Mean for Us?
- NGOs: Are Environmental NGOs Living Up to Their Full Potential?
- Op-ed: In A Time of Urgency and Hope, How Do We Move The Planet Forward?