In an attempt to “do it the right way,” developer Syd Kitson is building Babcock Ranch, an 18,000-acre planned community just north of Ft. Meyers, with hope that it can operate almost entirely on solar power. So far the town has 200 residents, though Kitson is aiming to lure as many as 50,000 in coming decades. Our partners at PBS Newshour Weekend report on the potential for this modern, sustainable city.
- The United States Could Get to 90 Percent Clean Power by 2035
- Armed With Eminent Domain, Pipeline Projects Continue to Burden Landowners During the Pandemic
- Facing a Health Crisis, Cities Implore Courts to Limit Pollution
- Mississippi Delta’s wildlife, farmers, and restaurant owners battle climate change
- The Making of the ‘Thin Green Line’