n 1914, the building was largely destroyed by arson. Wright began rebuilding
it as Taliesin II, which was also destroyed by
fire. In 1925, Wright began work on Taliesin III. The third version of the Taliesin project was far more extensive in scope
than the first two. In 1932, Wright established the Taliesin Fellowship, a program which brought apprentices to study with him. In addition to their work in the studio, the apprentices performed construction and agricultural duties. One fellow was Edgar
Kaufmann, Jr., son of the client for Fallingwater (1934-37).