nity Temple consists of two elements: the larger church building (which
Wright titled Unity Temple) is joined to a parish house and school by a one-story entry vestibule. In 1905 Lake Street was traveled by street cars and in order to shield the interior from the noise the building does not open directly onto it. As in the Prairie house, the entryway is placed off to the side. Over the entrance appear the words FOR THE WORSHIP OF GOD AND THE SERVICE OF MEN, replacing the pictoral narrative traditionally seen in religious paintings, sculptures and stained glass.