- For Gold and Glory: Charlie Wiggins and the African-American
Racing Car Circuit, Todd Gould (Indiana University
Press, Bloomington, IN c. 2002).
- Indiana Blacks in the Twentieth Century, Emma
Lou Thornbrough (Indiana University Press, Bloomington,
IN c. 2000).
- Homeless, Friendless, and Penniless: The WPA Interviews
with Former Slaves Living in Indiana, Ronald L.
Baker (Indiana University Press, Bloomington, IN
- History of Indiana from Its Exploration to 1922,
vol. 3: An Account of Vanderburgh County from Its
Organization, John E. Iglehart (Dayton Historical
Publishing Company, Dayton, OH, c. 1923).
- We Ask Only a Fair Trial: A History of the Black
Community of Evansville, Indiana, Darrel E. Bigham
(Indiana University Press, Bloomington, IN c. 1987).
- The Indiana Way: A State History, James H. Madison
(Indiana University Press, Bloomington, IN c. 1986).
- Grand Dragon: D.C. Stephenson and the Ku Klux
Klan in Indiana, M. William Lutholtz (Purdue University
Press, West Lafayette, IN c. 1991).
- A History of the World's Racing Cars, Richard
Hough and Michael Frostick (Harper and Row, NY c.
- Barney Oldfield: The Life and Times of America's
Legendary Speed King, William F. Nolan (G.P. Putnam's
Sons, NY c. 1961).
- An Autobiography of Black Chicago, Dempsey J.
Travis (Urban Research Institute, Chicago, IL c.
- An Autobiography of Black Jazz, Dempsey J. Travis
(Urban Research Institute, Chicago, IL c. 1983).
- "Segregation in Indiana during the Klan Era of
the 1920s," Emma Lou Thornbrough (Mississippi Valley
Historical Review #47, no. 4 - c. 1961).
- Beneath the Surface: African-American Community
Life in Indianapolis, 1954-70, Richard B. Pierce
II, (Ph.D. dissertation, Department of History,
Indiana University, c. 1996).
- The Miller Dynasty: A Technical History of the
Work of Harry A. Miller, His Associates, and His
Successors, Mark L. Dees (The Hippodrome Publishing
Co., Moorpark, CA c. 1994).
- "The Gold and Glory Sweepstakes," Boniface Hardin
(The Afro-American Journal 3, no. 3, May-June 1975).
- "The Gold and Glory Sweepstakes," Fritz Frommeyer,
(Racing Cars magazine, Carl Hungness Publishing,
Speedway, IN, spring 1980).