Quiz | Green Builders | PBS
How green savvy are you? Test yourself.
1. Does the CO2 that you produce each year – through your daily activities like driving a car, washing the dishes, heating your home, etc. – weigh more than you do?
2. Recycling actually costs more than it saves.
3. To make sure you purchase the most energy-efficient appliances, you should look for (choose one):
A. The Appliance Efficiency Label
B. The Energy Star Label
C. The Good Housekeeping Seal
D. The Green House Label
4. Enough sunlight falls on the earth in one minute to power the world’s entire energy needs for (choose one):
A. One minute
B. One day
C. One month
D. One year
5. Photovoltaic systems (choose one):
A. Convert sunlight to CO2
B. Convert sunlight to electricity
C. Convert sunlight to hot water
D. Convert sunlight to steam
6. Picture a gallon of milk. How many gallons of water do you think the average American use each day?
A. Less than 20
B. 20 - 40
C. 40 - 80
D. 80 -100
7. What do you think uses the most household water?
A. Car washing
B. Dish washing
C. Showers and baths
D. Toilet flushing
8. The mantra that is the heart and soul of green living is “Reduce, Reuse and:
9. LEED is a building rating system developed and maintained by:
A. The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
B. The US Department of Energy
C. The US Environmental Protection Agency
D. The US Green Building Council
NJN Public Television and Radio
© 2008-2009. All rights reserved.
Published April 2009.
Funding is provided by The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation,
with additional support from the Cape Branch Foundation.