Always thought-provoking, sometimes controversial, Independent Lens brings you documentaries, short films, and web-exclusive projects made by independent thinkers.
Tell us what you think! We want you to share your thoughts and opinions. All points of view are welcome as part of a civil dialogue.
While Independent Lens posts most user comments, we reserve the right not to publish remarks if they do not meet key comment guidelines.
We do not publish submissions which:
- contain profanity, obscenity, hate speech, personal attacks, libel, defamation, or harassment.
- are blatantly sexist, racist, or otherwise insensitive towards individuals or groups on the basis of gender, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, culture, or class.
- violate a third party’s right to privacy.
- are unsigned or “signed” by someone other than the actual author.
- are commercial prompts or spam (comments that are repeated and pasted on multiple other pages will be treated as spam).
- are clearly off-topic.
- are longer than 250 words (comments may be edited for length, but not grammar or content).
Comments are published Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Please be patient, as your comment will not appear instantly (they can take as long as two business days to appear).
We welcome letters to the editor. With your submission, please include your email address so a response may be sent to you directly. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Thank you for your comment!