Before You Buy Checklist
- print and keep in your purse or wallet.
Before you buy, always ask yourself:
- Do I really need it? If not, do I really love it?
- Is it worth the time and money to dust, store, clean, otherwise maintain?
- How many hours will I have to work to pay for it?
- Could I borrow it from a friend, neighbor, or family member?
- Is there anything I already own I could possibly use instead?
- Are the resources that went into it renewable?
- Is the product socially and environmentally friendly? (not made with child labor, or from virgin timber)
- Can I recycle it when Im through with it? Or will it help clog a landfill?