Why I Hate Summer
hate summer. Now I do. Didnt as a kid. Of course, now I dont get three months off bicycling between pools and softball fields. I start getting depressed with the vernal equinox. Heres some stuff I hate about summer. If you have video capability, youll find out more.
- Hotel hallways full of softball teams eliminated in the first round of some tournament so they are free to party until three am
- Baseball games on the radio I am not listening to
- Its hot and Im wearing a vest
- Flights are so packed the passengers feel like futuristic freeze-dried sardine snacks.
- Denver International Airport
- The smell of other peoples barbecues
- For some reason, all the stories we are sent to cover are in East Arkansas, Mid-Central Louisiana or anywhere else the weatherman gets to say these words: "highs in the low 100s"
Home | Reinventing the Workday | Your Stories from the Trenches
How the Weekend Was Won | To Dot-com or Not To Dot-com | Durst Diaries