First Movie Studio
Lincoln Heights is a quiet neighborhood in northeast Los Angeles located far from the glitz and glamour normally associated with Hollywood.
But a resident there thinks the city's first motion picture studio may be located right in her very own neighborhood park.
Could a broken gateway once have been the grand entrance to the beginning of Hollywood history?
The History Detectives travel to California and it's lights, camera, action!
- Related Investigation Coney Island Lions Could this be an artifact from the bygone days of early amusement parks?
- Related Investigation Hitler Films Could these rusting film canisters contain unknown footage of one of the 20th century's most heinous murderers?
- Also with Gwen Wright John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
- Also in Season 2 Bonnie & Clyde's Bullets Are these the bullets that ended one of the most infamous crime-sprees in American history?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Teddy Roosevelt War Club What could this strange object have to do with Teddy Roosevelt and his run for a third term presidency?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Siberian Bullet What can this bullet reveal about the hidden agenda of American forces in a fight against Soviet Communism?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.