First Movie Studio
Lincoln Heights is a quiet neighborhood in northeast Los Angeles located far from the glitz and glamour normally associated with Hollywood.
But a resident there thinks the city's first motion picture studio may be located right in her very own neighborhood park.
Could a broken gateway once have been the grand entrance to the beginning of Hollywood history?
The History Detectives travel to California and it's lights, camera, action!
- Also with Gwen Wright Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Tiffany Window What can this watercolor reveal about the unexpected world of one of America’s great artists?
- Related Investigation Exercise Records What role did these records play in the sculpting of america's fixation with fitness?
- Related Investigation Jigsaw Puzzle Does this puzzle depict a real event - women playing contact sports in the late 19th century?
- Also with Gwen Wright Rebel Whiskey Flask Is this flask a relic from the historic "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1794?
- Also with Gwen Wright Cesar Chavez Banner What role did this banner play in one of the most famous civil rights campaigns in U.S. history?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.