First Movie Studio
Lincoln Heights is a quiet neighborhood in northeast Los Angeles located far from the glitz and glamour normally associated with Hollywood.
But a resident there thinks the city's first motion picture studio may be located right in her very own neighborhood park.
Could a broken gateway once have been the grand entrance to the beginning of Hollywood history?
The History Detectives travel to California and it's lights, camera, action!
- Also in Season 2 Civil War Submarine Is this submarine an example of new technology developed by the Confederates during the Civil War?
- Also in Season 2 Little Bighorn Bayonet Could this bayonet have been used at one of the largest massacres of U.S. soldiers by American Indians?
- Related Investigation Broadway Ballet Shoes Did this dancer's great-great-grandfather teach Salvatore Capezio to make ballet shoes?
- Related Investigation Theremin How did this strange instrument help spark a rock n’ roll revolution?
- Also with Gwen Wright Frank Zappa Collage Is the artist who created this piece Frank Zappa?
- Also with Gwen Wright Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.