Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Related Investigation Seth Eastman Painting Is this painting a true depiction of Native American life from one of the premiere painters of the American West?
- Also with Gwen Wright Home of Lincoln Assassination Plot Did the plot to assassinate Abraham Lincoln begin in this New York City building?
- Also in Season 10 Empire State Building Plane Crash Piece Does this piece of metal belong to the plane that crashed into the Empire State Building?
- Also with Gwen Wright Lou Gehrig Autograph Did Lou Gehrig autograph this ticket on the day he announced his retirement?
- Related Investigation Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also in Season 10 Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.