Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Monroe Letter Does this letter link America's President to the high seas piracy of U.S. merchant ships in the early 1800s?
- Also in Season 10 Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
- Related Investigation Pete Gray Cartoon Do these unsigned drawings from the golden age of comics tell the tale of a real life superhero?
- Also with Gwen Wright N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also with Gwen Wright Leisurama Homes What happened to the Leisurama homes apparently widely sold in Florida?
- Related Investigation Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.