Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also in Season 10 Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
- Related Investigation Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also with Gwen Wright Quaker Map Did this faded map once guide slaves to freedom on the underground railroad?
- Related Investigation Theremin How did this strange instrument help spark a rock n’ roll revolution?
- Also with Gwen Wright Powder Horn Who is the man etched into this powder horn?
- Also with Gwen Wright Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.