Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Witch's House Could this house have once belonged to a woman executed during the Salem Witch trials?
- Also with Gwen Wright Boxcar Home Why is a boxcar buried beneath this suburban kitchen?
- Also with Gwen Wright Cherokee Bible What can this bible written in Cherokee tell us about one of the darkest chapters in Indian history?
- Related Investigation Lookout Mountain Painting What can this painting tell us about a turning point in the Civil War?
- Also in Season 10 Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
- Also in Season 10 Ince Ledger What does this accounts ledger for a movie company have to do with the changing world of the Lakota Sioux?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.