Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Related Investigation Motown Amp Did this amp boom the bass line of the Motown sound?
- Also with Gwen Wright Houdini Poster Could these be original theatre posters of the greatest magician on earth?
- Related Investigation Duke Ellington Plates What is the story behind the printing plates for this famous Jazz song?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Also in Season 10 Star Spangled Banner Is this the first official copy of the national anthem?
- Also in this episode Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.