Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Related Investigation Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Also with Gwen Wright Face Jug What does this ceramic face reveal about the Middle Passage and a captive people’s search for identity?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 Space Boot What does this odd-looking boot have to do with America's first steps in space?
- Also with Gwen Wright Rebel Whiskey Flask Is this flask a relic from the historic "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1794?
- Also with Gwen Wright Old Fire Station Did President Ulysses S. Grant stop by a New Jersey firehouse on the centennial of America?
- Related Investigation Mystery Crystal Cross Where did this mysterious religious relic discovered in an old Spanish mission originally come from?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.