Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Rebel Whiskey Flask Is this flask a relic from the historic "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1794?
- Also with Gwen Wright Geronimo Photograph Is this photo really an image of the legendary Apache warrior Geronimo?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 Vietnam War Diary Why did this story capture international interest?
- Related Investigation WB Cartoons What can this curious artwork tell us about some of our most beloved cartoon characters?
- Also in Season 10 Bill Of Sale Who was this girl sold into slavery?
- Related Investigation Creole Poems Does this manuscript contain words of love or illegal acts of rebellion?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.