Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Sears Home Might an Ohio couple's residence be a long-forgotten Sears home?
- Related Investigation Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Related Investigation Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also with Gwen Wright China Marine Jacket Can the symbols on this jacket identify a marine who may have witnessed paradise tumbling into disaster?
- Also with Gwen Wright Boxcar Home Why is a boxcar buried beneath this suburban kitchen?
- Also in this episode Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.