Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Hitler Films Could these rusting film canisters contain unknown footage of one of the 20th century's most heinous murderers?
- Also in Season 10 WWII Patch What is the story behind these patches?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Also with Gwen Wright Leopold Medal What does this medal reveal about a top-secret American Military project during WWII?
- Related Investigation Pete Gray Cartoon Do these unsigned drawings from the golden age of comics tell the tale of a real life superhero?
- Related Investigation African American Comic Book Did the makers of this 1950s comic book have more than romance on their minds?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.