Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Monroe Letter Does this letter link America's President to the high seas piracy of U.S. merchant ships in the early 1800s?
- Also with Gwen Wright Chinese Poems Who were the authors of the poems describing bitterness and misery on the Angel Island detention center walls?
- Also with Gwen Wright Sears Home Might an Ohio couple's residence be a long-forgotten Sears home?
- Related Investigation Navajo Rug Why would a weaver depart from tradition to make this rug?
- Also in Season 10 Bill Of Sale Who was this girl sold into slavery?
- Related Investigation Theremin How did this strange instrument help spark a rock n’ roll revolution?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.