Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Boxcar Home Why is a boxcar buried beneath this suburban kitchen?
- Also with Gwen Wright Unwed Mother's Home Is this small medallion enough information to help a woman find her birth parents?
- Also with Gwen Wright Powder Horn Who is the man etched into this powder horn?
- Also in Season 10 Continental Club Card What secrets can this business card reveal about glamour and vice in 1930s Los Angeles?
- Related Investigation Bettie Page Slide Is this a lost Bettie Page image by Irving Klaw?
- Related Investigation Hot Town Poster What role did this striking poster play in the explosive events of 1960s America?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.