Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also in Season 10 Carson Family Secrets Is this book a Carson family heirloom?
- Also with Gwen Wright Tokyo Rose Did this 1940s recording help convict the woman alleged to be "Tokyo Rose"?
- Also in Season 10 Chief Black Kettle Are these war spoils of a Cheyenne chief?
- Related Investigation Hollywood Sign Is this a piece of the original Hollywood sign?
- Also with Gwen Wright PsychoPhone Did Thomas Edison make a machine to unlock the secrets of the dead?
- Related Investigation Blueprint Special Did this record play a dramatic role in the Allied victory during the Second World War?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.