Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Related Investigation WPA Mural Studies Are these unusual paintings part of the biggest job creation program in America's history?
- Also with Gwen Wright Geronimo Photograph Is this photo really an image of the legendary Apache warrior Geronimo?
- Also with Gwen Wright Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
- Also in Season 10 Ince Ledger What does this accounts ledger for a movie company have to do with the changing world of the Lakota Sioux?
- Related Investigation Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.