Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Nora Holt Autograph Book Why did this Harlem Renaissance luminary own a book filled with U.S. Presidents' signatures?
- Related Investigation Mystery Crystal Cross Where did this mysterious religious relic discovered in an old Spanish mission originally come from?
- Also in Season 10 Modoc Basket What tales does this basket weave of the heroism of an American-Indian woman?
- Also with Gwen Wright Sears Home Might an Ohio couple's residence be a long-forgotten Sears home?
- Related Investigation Civil War Deringers Are these pistols union or rebel?
- Also in Season 10 Lincoln Oath Was this note penned by Abraham Lincoln?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.