Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Harlem Heirs How is this ornate document connected to the earliest settlers of New York City and a potential multi-million dollar land dispute?
- Also in Season 10 Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
- Also with Gwen Wright Alcoholics Anonymous Letter Is this letter proof of one man's contribution to this secretive society?
- Related Investigation Slave Songbook Are these tattered pages the earliest record of music created by slaves?
- Also with Gwen Wright Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Also in Season 10 Valley Forge Map Did George Washington use this map during the American Revolution?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.