Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Also in Season 10 Empire State Building Plane Crash Piece Does this piece of metal belong to the plane that crashed into the Empire State Building?
- Also with Gwen Wright Isleton Tong Was this building a safe haven for persecuted immigrants, or a hub for organized crime?
- Also with Gwen Wright Marshall House Flag Did this piece of fabric come from a flag that cost a Union colonel his life?
- Also in Season 10 Ince Ledger What does this accounts ledger for a movie company have to do with the changing world of the Lakota Sioux?
- Also with Gwen Wright Witch's House Could this house have once belonged to a woman executed during the Salem Witch trials?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.