Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Hitler Films Could these rusting film canisters contain unknown footage of one of the 20th century's most heinous murderers?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 U.S.S. Thresher Do these documents disclose information about U.S. secret weapons in the Cold War?
- Also with Gwen Wright Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
- Also in Season 10 Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
- Also with Gwen Wright Tokyo Rose Did this 1940s recording help convict the woman alleged to be "Tokyo Rose"?
- Also in Season 10 Lincoln Oath Was this note penned by Abraham Lincoln?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.