Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Society Circus Program Why are some of New York's wealthiest planning a circus at the depth of the Great Depression?
- Also with Gwen Wright Women's Suffrage Painting What role did this watercolor painting play in securing women the right to vote?
- Related Investigation Calf Creek Arrow Is this arrow found in a bison skull just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
- Related Investigation Lost Musical Treasure Are these fragments of a lost moment in American musical history?
- Also with Gwen Wright John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 Space Boot What does this odd-looking boot have to do with America's first steps in space?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.