Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 Space Boot What does this odd-looking boot have to do with America's first steps in space?
- Related Investigation Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Related Investigation Duke Ellington Plates What is the story behind the printing plates for this famous Jazz song?
- Also with Gwen Wright Body In The Basement Are these the remains of an executed prisoner of war from an English Civil War battle?
- Also with Gwen Wright Silent Film Reel Could this film reel could be a silent movie once lost forever to history?
- Also in Season 10 WWII Patch What is the story behind these patches?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.