Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Related Investigation Theremin How did this strange instrument help spark a rock n’ roll revolution?
- Also with Gwen Wright Home of Lincoln Assassination Plot Did the plot to assassinate Abraham Lincoln begin in this New York City building?
- Related Investigation African American Comic Book Did the makers of this 1950s comic book have more than romance on their minds?
- Also with Gwen Wright Coney Island Lions Could this be an artifact from the bygone days of early amusement parks?
- Also with Gwen Wright Isleton Tong Was this building a safe haven for persecuted immigrants, or a hub for organized crime?
- Also in Season 10 Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.