Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also with Gwen Wright Shippen Golf Club Was this the golf club used by John Shippen when he made sporting history in the 1896 U.S. Open?
- Also with Gwen Wright First Movie Studio Could a broken gateway once have been the grand entrance to a Hollywood studio?
- Also with Gwen Wright Women's Suffrage Painting What role did this watercolor painting play in securing women the right to vote?
- Also in Season 10 Valley Forge Map Did George Washington use this map during the American Revolution?
- Also in Season 10 Nazi Spy Toys Did a Nazi spy buy these toy soldiers?
- Related Investigation WB Cartoons What can this curious artwork tell us about some of our most beloved cartoon characters?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.