United Empire Loyalist
A Californian college dean comes across a family tree, begun by a deceased aunt, which contains the words "United Empire Loyalist" scribbled alongside several names.
Curious, she begins her own investigation and discovers that the United Empire Loyalists were descendants of the more than 50,000 people who fled to Canada following the defeat of the British in the Revolutionary War.
History Detectives travels to Canada, New Jersey and Pennsylvania to learn more about this mysterious family link to a forgotten story of the Revolutionary War.
Season 3, Episode 4
Tukufu Zuberi Location:
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi WB Cartoons What can this curious artwork tell us about some of our most beloved cartoon characters?
- Also in Season 3 Unwed Mother's Home Is this small medallion enough information to help a woman find her birth parents?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Japanese Balloon Bomb Is this scrap of fabric evidence of a secret wartime attack on the United States' mainland?
- Also in Season 3 Birth Control Box Could this unusual wooden box be an early contraceptive device?
- Related Investigation Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.