United Empire Loyalist
Support provided by:
A Californian college dean comes across a family tree, begun by a deceased aunt, which contains the words "United Empire Loyalist" scribbled alongside several names.
Curious, she begins her own investigation and discovers that the United Empire Loyalists were descendants of the more than 50,000 people who fled to Canada following the defeat of the British in the Revolutionary War.
History Detectives travels to Canada, New Jersey and Pennsylvania to learn more about this mysterious family link to a forgotten story of the Revolutionary War.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi War Dog letter The military put great effort into a new War Dogs program during WWII. What went wrong on Cat Island?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Amos n' Andy Record Is this aluminum record an early recording of the old-time radio series?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Airstream Caravan Was this mobile home part of a modern-day wagon train halfway across the world?
- Related Investigation Revolutionary War Cannon Is this the cannon that ignited the first battle of the Revolutionary War?
- Related Investigation John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
- Also in Revolution: 1754-1820 Universal Friends What can this 200-year-old document reveal about the first American-born woman to lead a religious movement?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Revolution: 1754-1820 object? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)