United Empire Loyalist
A Californian college dean comes across a family tree, begun by a deceased aunt, which contains the words "United Empire Loyalist" scribbled alongside several names.
Curious, she begins her own investigation and discovers that the United Empire Loyalists were descendants of the more than 50,000 people who fled to Canada following the defeat of the British in the Revolutionary War.
History Detectives travels to Canada, New Jersey and Pennsylvania to learn more about this mysterious family link to a forgotten story of the Revolutionary War.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Civil War Sabotage? The steamship Sultana exploded one night in 1865, killing more than 1,800 people. Was the disaster a result of Civil War sabotage?
- Also in Season 3 Snowshoe's Mailbag Was this the satchel Snowshoe Thompson used to deliver his mail?
- Related Investigation Powder Horn Who is the man etched into this powder horn?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Short Snorter Was this British ten-shilling note witness to the forging of the alliance between America and Britain?
- Also in Season 3 Poison Pin Are these prototypes for poison suicide pins carried by spy plane pilots during the Cold War?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.