United Empire Loyalist
A Californian college dean comes across a family tree, begun by a deceased aunt, which contains the words "United Empire Loyalist" scribbled alongside several names.
Curious, she begins her own investigation and discovers that the United Empire Loyalists were descendants of the more than 50,000 people who fled to Canada following the defeat of the British in the Revolutionary War.
History Detectives travels to Canada, New Jersey and Pennsylvania to learn more about this mysterious family link to a forgotten story of the Revolutionary War.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace in 1975. Was he murdered? If so, who killed him and why?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Florida Map How did this faded map help unlock the riches of the New World?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Lost Musical Treasure Are these fragments of a lost moment in American musical history?
- Related Investigation Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Also in Season 3 Land Grant How did an African-American win freedom and land so early in American history?
- Related Investigation Revolutionary War Poem How did this poem, written by an American prisoner in England in 1780 end up in Oregon 200 years later?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.