Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa?
On July 30, 1975, teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace. At the time, he was one of the most powerful men in the country. Because of his union leadership, many working Americans considered Hoffa their hero, but Hoffa also had powerful enemies.
For decades, investigators have searched for clues about what happened to Hoffa and why. Was he murdered? If so, who wanted him dead? After serving prison time for conspiracy and fraud, Hoffa was pardoned by President Richard Nixon. What interest did the White House have in Jimmy Hoffa?
Recently declassified government files reveal shocking evidence of corruption at the highest levels. Interviews with a former mob lawyer, a murder witness, and an FBI agent are among the sources History Detectives unearth as they track Jimmy Hoffa’s final hours and answer the question: “Who killed Jimmy Hoffa?”
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Army Muster Roll What can a Continental Army muster roll tell us about this remarkable African-American soldier?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Lubin Photos What do these photo albums reveal about the birth of the silver screen?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Transatlantic Cable How did this twisted fragment of metal spark a communications revolution?
- Related Investigation Survivor Camera Did this antique camera save a Polish Jew during the Holocaust?
- Related Investigation Seadrome Did floating airports dot the Atlantic before modern air travel?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.