Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa?
On July 30, 1975, teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace. At the time, he was one of the most powerful men in the country. Because of his union leadership, many working Americans considered Hoffa their hero, but Hoffa also had powerful enemies.
For decades, investigators have searched for clues about what happened to Hoffa and why. Was he murdered? If so, who wanted him dead? After serving prison time for conspiracy and fraud, Hoffa was pardoned by President Richard Nixon. What interest did the White House have in Jimmy Hoffa?
Recently declassified government files reveal shocking evidence of corruption at the highest levels. Interviews with a former mob lawyer, a murder witness, and an FBI agent are among the sources History Detectives unearth as they track Jimmy Hoffa’s final hours and answer the question: “Who killed Jimmy Hoffa?”
- Related Investigation Front Street Blockhouse Did this unassuming house protect an American colony from attack almost 300 years ago?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Black Star Line Is this certificate a rare artifact from the heyday of Marcus Garvey?
- Related Investigation Theremin How did this strange instrument help spark a rock n’ roll revolution?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 Space Boot What does this odd-looking boot have to do with America's first steps in space?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Whaling Ship Might a ship docked in Mystic Seaport, hold secrets to the Underground Railroad?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.