The History Detectives have traveled the length and breadth of the country, delving into family legends, local folklore and stories behind potentially extraordinary objects in everyday American homes, cities and small towns.
Browse the investigations on the map and see what we've revealed in your area.
- Investigations Lindbergh-Sikorsky Fabric How do the signatures on this patch of fabric connect Charles Lindbergh to another first in flight?
- Investigations Houdini Poster Could these be original theatre posters of the greatest magician on earth?
- Investigations Continental Currency Could this $6 bill represent America’s first declaration of its independence?
- Techniques Stones And Minerals - Checklist Printable checklist to use when studying stones and minerals.
- Techniques Appraisal Glossary A List of useful words and phrases for Appraising.
- Investigations Clara Barton Letter What does this letter reveal about America's early efforts to honor its war dead?
- Techniques Glossary A list of useful words and phrase for carrying out historical research.
- Techniques Gun Timeline A timeline of firearm history.
- Techniques Census Information How to use census records in your investigation.
- Investigations Flint Lock Rifle Was this the gun of one of the most infamous bandits operating to undermine the birth of our nation?
- Investigations Spanish Civil War Eulogy What can this faded document tell about a US volunteer fighting in another country’s civil war?
- Techniques Archives Learn how to successfully use archives for your research.
- Investigations Lost Musical Treasure Are these fragments of a lost moment in American musical history?
- Techniques Forensic Anthropology How to use a multi-disciplinary approach to uncover the secrets hidden in bones.
- Investigations Preston Brook's Riding Crop Was this riding crop a gift from Jefferson Davis as a reward for attacking a political opponent?
- Investigations Hollywood Sign Is this a piece of the original Hollywood sign?
- Techniques Tracking People Learn how to research a person using public records.
- Techniques Building Background - Checklist A printable 'To Do' list to use when investigating buildings
- Investigations Modoc Basket What tales does this basket weave of the heroism of an American-Indian woman?
- Investigations WWI Chemical Warfare Map Could this map be an authentic relic from a critical WWI battle?
- Techniques Case File: A Soldier's Fortune Find out how this historian used archives when investigating his family's history.
- Investigations Mankato Spoon What does this delicate silver spoon have to do with the largest mass execution in American history?
- Investigations Mystery Crystal Cross Where did this mysterious religious relic discovered in an old Spanish mission originally come from?
- Techniques Analyzing Art - Checklist A printable 'To Do' list for analyzing art.
- Investigations Civil War Letters What can these letters reveal about a racially-charged massacre on a Civil War battlefield?
- Techniques Case File: Mystery Moran How to know if unwanted 'junk' is a hidden treasure.
- Investigations Universal Friends What can this 200-year-old document reveal about the first American-born woman to lead a religious movement?
- Investigations Lucy Parson's Book Was the legendary anarchist the owner of this manifesto found in a library?
- Techniques Case File: WWII Find out how this historian researched a relative.
- Techniques Appraising Getting a valuation using an independent source or expert opinion.
- Investigations Howard Hughes Crash Was this the instrument that chartered Howard Hughes' near fatal plunge into Beverly Hills?
- Techniques Property Search How to carry out a property search.
- Investigations Japanese Balloon Bomb Is this scrap of fabric evidence of a secret wartime attack on the United States' mainland?
- Techniques Case File: Marriage Of Convenience How to discover things you didn't know about people.
- Techniques Genealogy Learn how to successfully investigate your family history.
- Techniques Case File: Rock n' Research How to identify rocks.