The History Detectives have traveled the length and breadth of the country, delving into family legends, local folklore and stories behind potentially extraordinary objects in everyday American homes, cities and small towns.
Browse the investigations on the map and see what we've revealed in your area.
- Investigations Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Investigations Sears Home Might an Ohio couple's residence be a long-forgotten Sears home?
- Techniques Case File: Marriage Of Convenience How to discover things you didn't know about people.
- Investigations Boxcar Home Why is a boxcar buried beneath this suburban kitchen?
- Techniques Case File: Mystery Moran How to know if unwanted 'junk' is a hidden treasure.
- Techniques Photographs Learn how to analyze your photographs.
- Investigations Motown Amp Did this amp boom the bass line of the Motown sound?
- Techniques Preservation - Checklist Printable checklist to use when preserving an item.
- Investigations Lawrence Billy Club Was this truncheon used in the famous Bread and Roses labor strike?
- Techniques Military History - WWII Learn how to research a WWII veteran’s military record.
- Techniques Stones And Minerals - Checklist Printable checklist to use when studying stones and minerals.
- Techniques Photographs - Checklist Printable checklist to use when analyzing photographs.
- Investigations 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Techniques Case File: 20 Questions Read this case file to help get your investigation started.
- Techniques Gun Timeline A timeline of firearm history.
- Techniques Military Research Using military records in your research.
- Investigations Teddy Roosevelt War Club What could this strange object have to do with Teddy Roosevelt and his run for a third term presidency?
- Investigations Harley Davidson Motorcycle Did this motorcycle see action in World War I?
- Techniques Building Background - Checklist A printable 'To Do' list to use when investigating buildings
- Techniques Case File: Soldiers In Skirts How to use military records to help you learn about your family.
- Techniques Genealogy Learn how to successfully investigate your family history.
- Techniques Ballistics Collecting clues and evidence from bullets and firearms.
- Investigations Korean War Letter What does this letter reveal about a forgotten act of heroism during the final days of the Korean War?
- Investigations Japanese House How did a Japanese house come to be at the San Francisco World's Fair just months before WWII began?
- Investigations Women's Suffrage Painting What role did this watercolor painting play in securing women the right to vote?
- Investigations Whaling Ship Might a ship docked in Mystic Seaport, hold secrets to the Underground Railroad?
- Investigations Army Muster Roll What can a Continental Army muster roll tell us about this remarkable African-American soldier?
- Techniques Appraising Getting a valuation using an independent source or expert opinion.
- Investigations U.S.S Indianapolis Are these WWII souvenirs remnants from one of Japan’s famous kamikaze attacks?
- Investigations Revolutionary War Cannon Is this the cannon that ignited the first battle of the Revolutionary War?
- Techniques Property Search How to carry out a property search.
- Investigations Exercise Records What role did these records play in the sculpting of america's fixation with fitness?
- Techniques Genealogy - Glossary A list of useful words to know when using genealogy.
- Investigations Leopold Medal What does this medal reveal about a top-secret American Military project during WWII?
- Techniques Patent Analysis Find out the origin and detail surrounding an invention or innovation.
- Investigations Duke Ellington Plates What is the story behind the printing plates for this famous Jazz song?