Just Get Started
- Map out the location of the pyramids on the Giza Plateau and provide a brief
description of each.
- Interpret information about a mystery archaeological site.
- Solve this hieroglyphics puzzle, figure out how to write your name or a
sentence in hieroglyphs, and provide information about the origin of this
- Make a list of some the steps necessary to conduct a scientific expedition
by using the following news flashes.
- Plot the geographical locations of the following ancient technological
achievements and supply a brief description of each.
- Build your own scale model of a pyramid and compare it to scaled-down
versions of other buildings.
- Compile a poster of some of the different kinds of objects archaeologists
find at excavation sites, including a brief description of each site's location
- Learn how to map an archaeological site by creating and mapping one of your
own. (Note: The activity begins with After Watching #1.)
This week on NOVA | Previous Sites | Lesson Ideas | Teacher's Exchange
Editor's Picks |
Previous Sites |
Join Us/E-mail |
About NOVA |
Site Map |
PBS Online |
NOVA Online |
© | Updated November 2000