Links to Related Sites
- Office of Nuclear Energy, Science & Technology
- From the United States Department of Energy. Information about the programs and mission of the Office and general information on nuclear power and engineering education.
- Trinity Atomic Web Site
- An online archive with a focus on historical information, especially reproductions of public domain documents from the U.S. government. This is a "sister site" to the High Energy Weapons Archive (below).
- The High Energy Weapons Archive - A Guide to Nuclear Weapons
- Provides current information, technical data, and informational articles. From the Federation of American Scientists.
- The Hiroshima Archive
- Created as a research and educational guide. From the website of Lewis & Clark College.
- Chernobyl: The Accident and Progress since 1986
- Details of the accident at Chernobyl Unit 4 on 26 April 1986 as well as background information on RBMK reactors (the type used at Chernobyl), and the use of nuclear power for electricity generation in the Ukraine. From the World Nuclear Association, an international, non-governmental organization which promotes the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Monterey Institute of International Studies
- An overview of publications, projects, databases and links. The Center for Nonproliferation Studies is the world's largest non-governmental organization devoted to combating the spread of weapons of mass destruction. Research programs examine all aspects of nonproliferation. The Center also publishes "The Nonproliferation Review".
- Nuclear Control Institute
- An award-winning site from the Nuclear Control Institute, a research and advocacy center for the prevention of nuclear proliferation.
- International Network of Engineers and Scientists for Global Responsibility
- Website of an independent, nonprofit organization concerned about the impact of advanced technology on society.
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- An independent, nonprofit alliance of citizens and scientists focusing on environmental and social problems, scientific research, public education and citizen advocacy.
- Trinity: 50 years later: The Nuclear Age's Blinding Dawn
- A collection of stories examing the dawn of the nuclear age and the people either directly involved with the test or who witnessed the massive explosion. From the Albuquerque Journal.
- The City of Hiroshima
About the Series | Episodes | Timeline | Your Stories | Thematic Overview | Teacher's Guide
People's Century | WGBH | PBS Online | Search PBS | Feedback | Shop | ©