Links to Related Sites
- The World War I Document Archive, Post - 1918
- Collection of political and diplomatic documents from this period. Part of the World War I Document Archive hosted by Brigham Young University.
- Documents of the Interwar Period
- Additional documents and links from this period, including speeches from Woodrow Wilson and other political figures. Hosted by Vincent Ferraro, Professor of International Politics at Mount Holyoke College
- World War II Timeline 1918-38
- An outline of the major events between the World Wars (Manchuria, Ethiopia, Spain, etc.). Contains overviews of events, plus images, maps, and some links. Hosted by the University of San Diego History Dept.
- Flashback: Nations of the World: Unite!
- Reprint of an article from the Atlantic Monthly from 1997. Compares the current difficulties faced by the United Nations to the problems faced by the League of Nations at its inception. Contains links to several older Atlantic articles (circa 1920), such as the one listed below.
- The League of Nations is Alive
- Digital reprint of an Atlantic Monthly article from June, 1920, by Raymond B. Fosdick. Provides an analysis of the League of Nations from a then contemporary perspective.
- Spanish Civil War Oral History Project
- Collection of primary sources from the Spanish Civil War. Hosted by the University of South Florida Library -- Special Collections Department.
- Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives
- A site dedicated to the North American volunteers of the Spanish Civil War. Contains archives, primary sources, links, and some teaching resources.
- Brandeis University Libraries Spanish Civil War Collection
- In cooperation with the Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archive, Brandeis University maintains an collection of materials from the Spanish Civil War. Their site contains primary sources, such as digitized propaganda posters, information on their archive, as well as links to other Spanish Civil War sites. Within the Brandeis University Libraries Web site.
- Southworth Spanish Civil War Collection
- A collection of 64 digitized Spanish Civil War propaganda posters. Access the poster archive directly at The Visual Front. Hosted by the Mandeville Special Collections Library, University of California at San Diego.
- NPR's Talk of the Nation, August 1, 1996
- RealAudio recording of a Talk of the Nation program about the Spanish Civil War.
- The Munich Pact -- September 29, 1938
- Text of the Agreement concluded at Munich, September 29, 1938, between Germany, Great Britain, France and Italy, granting Germany rights to the Sudetenland. From the Avalon Project at Yale Law School.
- Nanjing Massacre
- A memorial to the victims of the Nanjing Massacre. Contains primary sources, oral histories and other information pertaining to the Japanese attack on Nanjing, China in 1937. Some content may be too graphic for younger audiences. Hosted by the China News Digest.
- Nanking 1937
- Online exhibition commemorating the 60th anniversary of the Nanking (Nanjing) massacre. Some content may be too graphic for younger audiences. Hosted by a student group at Princeton University.
About the Series | Episodes | Timeline | Your Stories | Thematic Overview | Teacher's Guide
People's Century | WGBH | PBS Online | Search PBS | Feedback | Shop | ©