2017 Tour Event
IMPORTANT EVENT UPDATE
Due to weather conditions, parking for the Tuesday, September 19th event has changed. Free event parking will now be located off-site at Fort Adams State Park, 90 Fort Adams Drive, Newport. A shuttle service will take you to and from the event at Rosecliff. Please note the parking is 2.9 miles from Rosecliff so please allow additional time for shuttle transportation.
Tuesday, September 19, 2017Rosecliff
548 Bellevue Avenue
Newport, RI 02840
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW’s first outdoor event will be held throughout the house and extensive grounds of the historic Newport Mansion, Rosecliff.
Park & RideIMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to weather conditions, parking for the Tuesday, September 19th event has changed. Free event parking will now be located off-site at Fort Adams State Park, 90 Fort Adams Drive, Newport 02840
You must park here to attend the event*, and you must have an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Newport event ticket to park. Any ticket holder arriving at Rosecliff will be redirected to park at Fort Adams State Park. We cannot accommodate item or guest drop-off at Rosecliff.
A free shuttle service will take you to and from the event at Rosecliff. Please note this parking facility is 2.9 miles from Rosecliff, so please allow additional time for shuttle transportation.
Due to the shuttle size (door opening 30") we advise bringing items that you can carry and transport within the shuttle space.
If your travel plans will include the use of the Newport Pell Bridge, please be aware of possible travel delays due to deck repair work. For more information visit the Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority website.
* Handicapped parking is available at Rosecliff; however, you must still check in at the main parking lot at Fort Adams State Park prior to driving to Rosecliff.
TicketsApplications for tickets closed July 31, 2017. Ticket winners were selected in a random drawing the week of August 7, 2017, and all tickets were distributed electronically to each winner’s ticket application email address in advance of the event. You must have tickets to enter the event. Tickets will not be available on the day of event.
What You Need to Know
- You must have a ticket to enter the event (and to park).
- Each ticket holder may bring two items (and must bring at least one item). Please keep in mind you will need to carry your items during your visit, as dollies and carts are not permitted at this event.
- We do not prescreen ticket holders' items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- Please remember to either print your ticket at home or have it available on your mobile device.
Appraisal Items & Appraisers
- You must be able to carry your item throughout the event.
- Please be prepared for steps, and grass and gravel surfaces.
- Dollies and carts are not permitted at this event.
- We cannot provide assistance with carrying your items.
- Appraisers will be located inside the historic mansion and in tents outside.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser in advance regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, the item(s) will not be considered for taping.
- Vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils, glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique or vintage firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- You're welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind your wait might be shorter if you bring a different item for appraisal.
- This is a rain-or-shine event. There will be no rainchecks; the venue has indoor and tented outdoor appraisal areas.
- Plan appropriately for all types of weather — remember to bring your sunscreen and hat for sun, and raincoat and umbrella for rain.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear.
- Accessible restrooms are available both outdoors and inside the mansion.
- The mansion has partial wheelchair accessibility and operates a small wheel chair lift inside the main entrance.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight portable chair.
- Be prepared for steps, and grass and gravel surfaces.
- Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at the event.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors and collect information about our appraisers.
- Please say hello to your local PBS stations, WGBH and Rhode Island PBS, who will be located near the refreshment tent.
You've received your ticket, decided which two treasures to bring along, and now you're ready to hear the history behind your items. As you prepare to attend an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW taping event, here's what you can expect.
8 Easy Steps
Step 1: Are You Ready for Some ROADSHOW?
Before you come to the event, don't forget your ticket and two items for appraisal.
Step 2: It's Show Time!
On the day of the event, please plan to arrive at the venue no earlier than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket. Present your ticket to the volunteers at the entrance and your ROADSHOW adventure begins.
Step 3: Waiting in the Wings
You will enter the event and line up according to the time on your ticket. Please wear comfortable shoes as the venues have concrete floors. If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair.
While you wait to enter the television production area, you'll enjoy meeting fellow guests and seeing their special items.
Step 4: Show Us Your Items
After waiting in the appropriate line according to the time on your ticket, it is time to show your treasures to a generalist appraiser who will give you two appraisal category tickets for the items you've brought. Each category ticket will allow you to receive one appraisal. There are over 20 categories in all, everything from Folk Art to Furniture.
Step 5: Ready for Your Close-Up?
When you have your category tickets, a volunteer will escort you to the appropriate appraisal line to learn the history and value of your item. Some tables will be busier than others, so you may have to wait in line again before you meet one of our appraisers.
If an appraiser thinks your treasure would make an interesting TV segment, he or she will call for a producer to see if your items should be taped for the show. If selected, you'll be escorted to the Green Room, where you'll have make-up applied, sign a release, and wait for your turn to be on camera!
Step 6: Take a Bow
Once you've received your appraisals, and as you exit the production area, you may want to stop by the "Feedback Booth" for a chance to record some thoughts about your ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experience for possible inclusion in a future ROADSHOW episode.
In Newport, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW expects to see around 3,000 people, and our 50 appraisers will likely appraise over 6,000 items during the event. When your appraisal is complete, please make your way to the exit so others can take their turn.
Step 7: Thank You... And Thanks to our Sponsors
At the exit, please visit our valued sponsors and the local PBS stations who would like to thank you for attending and supporting ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. There you will also have a chance to collect information about our appraisers.
Step 8: Visit Us on TV and the Web
Your tour with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW doesn't have to stop at the event. Visit us online:
Track the summer's discoveries and upcoming broadcasts at pbs.org/antiques
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/RoadshowPBS/
Follow @RoadshowPBS on Twitter for live, behind-the-scenes updates
Then, tune in Monday nights at 8/7C* and 9/8C* on PBS to stay on the road with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW all year long!
*Check local listings
All ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisals for this event will be conducted on the grounds of Rosecliff. If you are approached outside of Rosecliff by anyone offering to appraise or purchase your items, please be aware that these people are not affiliated with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.
We do not sanction any solicitation, buying or selling at an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event. We ask that you alert an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW staff member or security officer if you are approached by anyone offering to buy or appraise your items.
Entrada única. Límite de dos artículos por persona. La entrada es gratuita. Se prohíbe la reventa de entradas. Se admite una sola entrada por persona. Para poder ingresar debe tener algún artículo para tasar. No se permiten vehículos, estampillas, certificados de acciones, papel moneda, monedas, bicicletas, herramientas, fósiles, extintores de vidrio ni cualquier material peligroso.
Queda estrictamente prohibida la compra o venta de antigüedades en el evento. Está permitido tomar fotografías y grabar el evento en video o audio solamente en las áreas designadas.
Incluso si un arma de fuego es considerada antigua de acuerdo a la ley federal (como un arma de fuego fabricada antes de 1898 y para la cual ya no hay municiones disponibles o las mismas ya no se fabrican), su posesión y transporte continúan estando sujetos a todas las leyes federales, estatales y locales. Es su responsabilidad conocer, comprender y cumplir con todas estas leyes y ordenanzas. Podemos, a nuestra discreción, tasar su arma de fuego solo si nuestro tasador y los organismos locales de aplicación de la ley están convencidos de que sería seguro hacerlo. La entrada al evento con cualquier tipo de arma de fuego queda exclusivamente a la discreción del centro de convenciones y/o de ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. Se requiere el uso de seguros en los gatillos de todas las armas de fuego cuando sea posible y WGBH se reserva el derecho de colocarle uno a su arma de fuego mientras se encuentre en el evento.
Con su ingreso al evento, usted acepta que WGBH pueda registrar (pero sin la obligación de usar) su nombre, apariencia, imagen y voz, y cualesquiera artículos que traiga para su tasación, para cualquier uso en todos los medios incluyendo, sin limitación, televisión, Internet, medios sociales, comercialización, impresión y promoción, publicidad y presentaciones en envoltorios, en cualquier lugar del mundo y a perpetuidad. La selección de personas o artículos para grabar queda a exclusivo criterio de WGBH.
Con su ingreso al evento usted está sujeto a registro por cualquier motivo; usted acepta los términos de esta entrada y comprende que está asistiendo al evento bajo su propio riesgo. WGBH, a su exclusivo criterio, se reserva el derecho a negar la entrada o sacar a personas del evento por cualquier motivo. WGBH no se hace responsable por la pérdida, daño o hurto de cualquier artículo. Las estimaciones que se brindan son únicamente aproximaciones verbales del valor. WGBH no garantiza su exactitud y/o la autenticidad de un artículo.
WGBH no será responsable por ningún negocio o interacción entre usted y cualquier tasador de ANTIQUES ROADSHOW antes o después del evento.
Queda estrictamente prohibido el uso del nombre ANTIQUES ROADSHOW sin la autorización por escrito de WGBH. Para más información, comuníquese al 888-762-3749 o visite pbs.org/antiques. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW es producido por WGBH y es una marca registrada de la BBC utilizada bajo licencia.