FACES OF AMERICA – DNA KIT GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE
This contest (“Contest”) is being sponsored by and administered by WNET.org Properties, LLC (“WNET”). Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of WNET, which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters.
1. Eligibility: There is no purchase necessary to enter this Contest. Contest is open and offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law). Two entries per person. Void where prohibited by law, including but not limited to Florida and Michigan. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to submit an entry: (a) persons who are younger than 18 years of age at the time of entry submission, (b) persons who do not legally reside primarily in the U.S., (c) persons employed by WNET; (d) employees of advertising and promotion agencies providing services for this Contest; (e) individuals engaged in the planning, development, production, or distribution of materials for this contest and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of persons in any of the preceding categories.
2. Entries: Contest begins on February 2, 2010, and ends on February 24, 2010. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time. Entries can be submitted as follows:
a. Blog Posts:
i. Step 1: Mention the Faces of America premiere on Feb 10, 2010 and link to the official site and/or the Facebook page.
ii. Step 2: Email the permalink of your post to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email must read: “FOA Giveaway”
iii. Step 3: To double your chances of winning, post a follow-up entry between Feb 10, 2010 and Feb 24, 2010.
iv. Step 4: Send your 2nd permalink to email@example.com.
b. Twitter Posts:
i. Step 1: Tweet the following info: “Tune In: Henry Louis Gates, Jr. presents Faces of America. Premiering Feb 10 on PBS (check local listings) – http://bit.ly/8RgVpj #FOA2010”
ii. Step 2 – Send the twitter link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Contest entry Limits
i. Contest participants are limited to two entries per person.
ii. Entries may consist of blog posts, “tweets”, or a combination of the two.
iii. All entries must be emailed to email@example.com to be elgible.
WNET is not responsible and/or liable for any technical error, hardware, software, or other malfunctions or omissions of any kind regardless of its origin or source, or for any of the effects thereof, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, garbled, or delayed electronic or telephonic communications caused by WNET or its agents, the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries of this Contest and which may limit a participant’s ability to participate. Proof of sent email is not considered proof of delivery or of receipt. Entries submitted via facsimile or other express delivery services will NOT be accepted.
3. Prizes: The Prize will be awarded to the first person selected at random on February 25, 2010 from among all eligible entries. The Prize will be delivered to the confirmed winner. All federal and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. No substitution or transfer of prizes allowed. The Winner will be selected by WNET, in its sole discretion.
Prize Details: The grand prize of the giveaway contest is the 23andMe Complete Edition, retail value $499.
New York: The New York Department of Health considers our Personal Genome Service™ a test requiring a lab license and direct physician involvement. 23andMe can accept orders from New York, but cannot process saliva samples collected in or mailed from the state of New York. Upon receipt of the kit, when creating an online account, New York residents will be required to affirm under penalty of law that the saliva sample for the kit has not been collected in or mailed from the state of New York.
Maryland: As a result of a cease and desist letter received from the Maryland Department of Health regarding clinical laboratory statutes and direct to consumer genetic testing, 23andMe does not ship to Maryland. Maryland is not an option in the shipping state field in our online store.
4. Odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received.
5. Notification and Delivery: Potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail, telephone, Twitter or mail within two weeks following selection. The winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) within 10 days of notification of winning. If the potential winner fails to complete the Affidavit/Release within that time frame, is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified.
6. Alternates: In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to meet all eligibility requirements or failure to properly return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) or prize notification is returned as unclaimed, the relevant prize(s) will be forfeited and may be awarded to alternate winner(s).
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to release and hold WNET and its parent, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents and affiliated companies harmless from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damage, cost, or expense including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death arising out of participation in this contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. WENT and its agents are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, corrupted or destroyed entries, or winner notifications. WNET and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent company, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet service and access provider(s) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunctions, failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, service providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest, inability to access the WNET web site, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site. WNET reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the online portion of this Contest in the event that virus, bugs or other causes beyond WNET’s control corrupt the online entry submission process, entry storage or access, or any other aspect of the administration of this Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods is prohibited. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, WNET reserves the right to disqualify the entrant (if appropriate) and/or seek damages and other remedies from any such person as permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to online entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8. Terms of Participation in Contest: Except where legally prohibited, winners hereby grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission for WNET and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
9. Winner’s List: To receive a list of the winning entry, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “DNA Kit Winner”. A list with the selected winner will be available within 60 days after the final draw date.
10. Jurisdiction and Venue: Any legal action arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be brought in the State or Federal Courts located in New York, New York and shall be governed by New York law.
11. Sponsor: WNET.org Properties, LLC 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019
12. Twitter.com and 23andMe.com are not affiliated with the sponsorship or administration of this Sweepstakes