The newly completed Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial was opened to the public for the first time this week. Watch a slideshow of photos taken the morning of the opening and listen to some early visitors share their thoughts on the significance of the memorial and the legacy of Dr. King. By Fred Yi.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Civil Rights Movement, I Have a Dream, Martin Luther King Jr., Martin Luther King Memorial, National Mall, racial discrimination, segregation, Washington DC
News of the Week
- WHO: Ebola Death Toll Continues to Rise; Doctor in New York City Diagnosed with Ebola Virus
- Syrian Kurds Join Fight to Defend Kobani from ISIS; UN, Vatican Urge Response ”Beyond Military Action”
- Cardinal Burke to Be Dismissed as Head of Vatican’s High Court
- North Korea Releases One of Three American Captives
- Mormon Church Explains Temple Garments
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesOctober 24, 2014: Immigrant Children in Court; China, Buddhism, and the Environment; Ground Zero Church
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE