Which religious groups are rallying around Donald Trump? And which ones are speaking out against him; Can online church services replace in-person worship?
- Violence, Law Enforcement, Race and Justice; Catholic Deacons; Virginia Theological Seminary’s New Organ
How do we repair what race has broken; We look at the role of deacons in the Catholic Church—the men who serve and the women who want to serve; A new pipe organ in a seminary chapel warmly sings and … More
Houses of worship try to balance the need for security with the desire to welcome; and the award-winning gospel artist talks about faith, failure, and “making God famous.”
- Religion and Presidential Politics 2016; Mormon Welfare Program; Quakers in Costa Rica; Bring a Friend to Mosque
Donald Trump meets with evangelicals while interfaith activists protest his candidacy; The LDS Church says caring for anyone in need is the right thing to do; Sixty-five years ago, these American friends moved to avoid the draft, live peaceably, and … More
- Religious Responses to Orlando Massacre; Evangelicals and Donald Trump; Salt Lake City Refugee Resettlement
Faith communities respond to the latest mass shooting; the presumptive Republican nominee faces a sharply divided evangelical vote; and many refugees are finding a home in conservative Utah.
End-of-life care in the US is broken, and some say end-of-life conversations the solution; and students at this school for boys are guided by the Rule of Benedict as they engage in the daily practice of living in Christian community.
They provide quick money when banks do not, but they also target and trap the very poor; women lead prayers, preach sermons, and serve together at this all-female mosque—the first of its kind in the US; and a community church … More
- Candidates Reach Out to Evangelicals; Christian Healthcare Sharing; The Jesuit Volunteer Corps Experience
Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump want the support of evangelicals like Hispanic leader Rev. Sammy Rodriguez; sharing ministries require members to cover one another’s medical costs as they arise; and the JVC is celebrating 60 years of commitment to social … More
- Mississippi “Religious Freedom” Law; Ethical Obligations to Displaced People; Nepal’s Historic Temples
Some say a controversial new state law justifies discrimination based on religious belief; a Catholic theologian argues that we have “moral proximity” to migrants and refugees on the other side of the world; the sacred sites in this quake-damaged South … More