Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Also in Season 1 Chinese Poems Who were the authors of the poems describing bitterness and misery on the Angel Island detention center walls?
- Also with Elyse Luray Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Also with Elyse Luray 1775 Almanac What do these crumbling pages reveal about divided loyalties during the American Revolution?
- Also with Elyse Luray GAR Photograph How did two African Americans come to be part of this photograph in Reconstructionist-era America?
- Related Investigation Lost Gold Ship Is this wreck in Alaska the remains of a steamship carrying miners to the great Klondike Gold Rush of 1897?
- Related Investigation Calf Creek Arrow Is this arrow found in a bison skull just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.