Creative collaborations are uncovering a wealth of new drugs that could help tame drug resistant tuberculosis. NOVA Next contributor Amanda B. Keenerreports the story.
In other news from NOVA and around the web:
- Solar Impulse 2 can only carry one passenger. But these co-pilots are focusing on taking humans out of the equation completely.
- These tiny microbes have surprising geoengineering abilities .
- How would you feel if your butt fell off? These cicadas don’t seem to mind.
- This handheld device will help the blind echolocate. Similar technologies are in the works, too.
- In just six years, carbon emissions will begin to degrade the accuracy of radiocarbon dating .
- “Activity” has been spotted on Ceres, a dwarf planet in the asteroid belt.
- Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek recalls the most important night of his scientific career.
- This universal flu vaccine could end annual shots .