By solving a decades-old medical mystery, researchers may have discovered a highly effective cancer treatment. NOVA Next contributor Amanda Keenerreports the story.
In other news:
- Machine learning could dramatically reduce Google’s carbon footprint .
- Snowden-designed device prevents your iPhone from revealing compromising data.
- “Science needs to be fearless and approach sexuality in a strong way .”
- Seven species of whale have been found mourning their dead .
- Iron nanoparticle-coated graphite flakes could vastly improve lithium ion batteries.
What We’re Reading
- The government is supporting your bad dietary habits . [The New York Times]
- Outdoor learning boosts children’s development. [BBC News]
- The National Park Service turns 100 in late August. To celebrate, feast your eyes on these historic park maps. [National Geographic]