Viruses that infected our ancestors provided the genetic foundations for many of the traits that define us. NOVA Next contributor Carrie Arnoldreports the story.
- Why do dogs eat poop? NEW video from NOVA’s Gross Science
- The Rosetta space probe plunged to its death on comet 67P this week.
- Zika has been confirmed to be transferrable through nonsexual contact for the first time.
- Micro-bursts of extreme temperature and pressure remove an entire step of the beer brewing process.
- The world’s largest single-dish radio telescope has begun testing.
- Five Botswanan lionesses grew manes and started acting like males.
What We’re Reading
- Some scientists are saying that “time moves as it does because humans are biologically, neurologically, philosophically hardwired to experience it that way.” [Wired]
- Humans are getting better at living together , not worse. [PRI’s The World]
- Scientists are inching closer to the ability to detect C.T.E . in those who are still living. [The New York Times]