Zika, Ebola, and other viruses may cause lingering health issues that scientists are only just now grappling with. NOVA Next contributor Carrie Arnoldreports the story.
In other news:
- Computers may be able to translate language, but will they convey its meaning ?
- This new cruise ship route has opened in the Arctic, thanks to climate change .
- Scientists couldn’t find this tadpole for 125 years.
- View from space hints at new Viking site in North America. Watch the online premiere of “Vikings Unearthed” beginning at 3:30 pm EDT on Monday, April 4. And check out our Facebook Live video with Dr. Doug Bolender, Viking expert.
What We’re Reading
- Ronan the sea lion can dance to “Boogie Wonderland.” But how? Scientists are narrowing in on rhythm’s biological origins . [Quanta Magazine]
- Improve your memory with the “ method of loci ,” also known as the “memory palace.” [The New York Times]
- Science education is woefully uncreative. That has to change . [Wired]
- A $5.7 million project funded by the NIH will be the largest-ever study of transgender youth . [Nature News]