A new wave of CRISPR-edited crops has the potential to end the use of pesticides. NOVA Next contributor Brooke Borel
reports the story.
Support Provided ByLearn More
In other news:
- Olympic athletes are experimenting with VR and electric brain stimulation .
- Huge seabird flies for months at a time by napping in 12-second bursts .
- ‘Amnesic shadow’ suggests that people could actively repress memories .
- Australia is moving itself 1.8 meters north on maps .
What We’re Reading
- In the future, you could be identified by the distinct shape of your ear . [Nautilus]
- A very large sinkhole recently opened up in an Australian backyard. [The New York Times]
- For the first time, a private company has been granted permission to land on the moon . [Scientific American]
- The National Institutes of Health wants to lift the moratorium on funding for part-human, part-animal embryos. [NPR]
- Meet the college dropout who invented the gravitational wave detector. [Science Magazine]