After reporting in Alabama and California, our partners at NewsHour Weekend visit the final state that the UN says can exemplify some of the country’s most egregious human rights issues. More than one third of residents in McDowell County, West Virginia are below the poverty line, and many of them only have access to dental work when the pain becomes unbearable.
- As COVID-19 Causes Money Distress, New Employer Programs Offer Relief
- Criminal Justice in America: A WNET Summit | Panelists & Bios
- Half of Low Income Communities Have No ICU Beds. Why?
- “I Don’t Want to Live Like This Forever”: A 14-Year-Old’s Story of “Hidden Homelessness” Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Documentary Exposes Reality of Child Poverty in America in the Time of the Coronavirus