After reporting in Alabama and California, our partners at NewsHour Weekend visit the final state that the UN says can exemplify some of the country’s most egregious human rights issues. More than one third of residents in McDowell County, West Virginia are below the poverty line, and many of them only have access to dental work when the pain becomes unbearable.
- The Cost of Identity: Twiggy Garçon on LGBTQ+ youth homelessness, house-ballroom, and working on ‘Pose’
- The Costs of Identity: Running a business as an LGBTQ+ person
- A tour inside the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ organization helping homeless youth
- Why older, low-wage workers with chronic conditions are an overlooked population
- Homelessness Among New York City’s Public School Children