Concordia College’s archivist Travis Basso takes us through a rumored bootlegger tunnel said to be built by Dutch Schultz and his gang.
- [Narrator ] Steve and Ryan have come to Concordia College in Bronxville, New York, to search for a rumored tunnel built by Dutch and his gang.
- [Steve] So tell us a little bit about this.
- Well, this is one of our dorms now, but allegedly once upon a time, it was owned by the gangster Dutch Schultz.
I lived here for a couple semesters, so I'm a little familiar with the place.
Supposedly, there's a tunnel that goes from this house straight over there to Wardhouse, but even older than that, it was supposed to be a tavern, apparently.
- Oh my, okay.
So we got a tavern over here. - [Travis] Right.
- We got Dutch over here.
Cops coming in, zoom out the tunnel.
- Right. - Alright, very cool.
I got this feeling that we're gonna find something.
Wow. Wow, I got this really.
- So it would have been like from the outside.
I think further down. - Yeah.
Crevasse down there.
Possibly in here.
- Yeah. - There's a lot of rooms down here. - Oh look it, look it look it.
Look at that.
- That's what [inaudible 00:01:10] - Like look at this.
It's completely been sealed up.
- It's right here. - [Ryan] This is it.
- For sure.
It's exactly where we were, because when Frank was out there with the GPR, I kinda walked it, I stepped it, and I mean it's obvious.
Look it. - I know.
- There's your tunnel.
Like it's out of a movie, it's out of a movie.
When you're looking out the wall, there's stone, there's brick that's been placed in there and stone, and it's in the perfect shape of a tunnel exactly where we got the GPR hit on the outside.
No doubt about it there was a tunnel there.