Activity Sheet I: What Influences Me
Directions: What factors have influenced you most? This activity will help you create a visual representation of these influences. On a blank sheet of paper, draw a small, centered circle. Label it "me." Then draw at least 6 circles of increasing size around the central "me" circle (like a target).
Place your most important influences in the inner circles, working outward to the periphery. You may place more than one thing in any of the radiating circles.
Here is a list of things you might consider:
- parents or guardians
- grandparents, siblings and other relatives
- your neighborhood
- teacher or mentor
- hero in sports, the arts, politics, etc.
- rock singer or group, a movie or TV program
- special talent you have
- hardship or setback you or your family have faced
- book or author
- living in the United States
- your ties to another country
- ideas that have influenced you
- other influences you feel are important.