- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
"There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- How To Survive As An Assistant Editor
"Staying organized as an assistant editor is probably more like keeping a clean and organized room, apartment or house than anyone realizes." Editor Colin Nusbaum shares everything you need to know to get started as a film editor.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Colin Nusbaum
Get started with POV's new series delving into the craft of documentary editing with 2014 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Colin Nusbaum.
- Recommended Reading: The 6 Stages of Editing As A Film Director
Learn about the 6 Stages of Editing As A Film Director from Elliot Grove via Raindance Film Festival.
- Recommended Reading: Eight Fundamental Concepts of Sound for Documentary
Learn the eight fundamental concepts of sound for documentary from David Tames of http://kino-eye.com.
- Final Cut Pro X, One Year Later
Apple's Final Cut Pro X was met with a lot of upset editors when it was announced last April and subsequently released in June 2011. Now that the dust has settled, where do we stand?
- To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?: Final Cut Pro X
With the release of Apple's Final Cut Pro X, editors and production houses are weighing in on their editing software options.