- Doc Memo: Must-Follow Doc Accounts, The Millenial Case for Public Media
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- POV, America ReFramed receive three 2015 IDA Award nominations!
POV and America ReFramed have been nominated for three 2015 IDA Documentary Awards by the International Documentary Association.
- Upcoming Event: The Documentary Filmmaker as Journalist
What are the challenges of working in both the documentary and journalism spaces? Find out at the International Documentary Association’s upcoming Doc U panel discussion.
- Getting Real: A New Documentary Conference Aiming for Industry Action, Not Just Conversation
International Documentary Association director Michael Lumpkin gives POV a preview of its new documentary conference, Getting Real, and his hopes for changing the documentary industry. Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2014 in Los Angeles.
- POV Hackathon 6: The Projects!
Five teams of media creators and technologists have been selected to participate in POV Hackathon 6. RSVP to attend the May 18 Los Angeles Screening at The Hub LA.
- POV Receives 2013 IDA Documentary Award Nomination for Best Continuing Series
POV is honored to be recognized as a nominee for Best Continuing Series by the 29th annual IDA Documentary Awards.
- 6 Essential Tips for Using Archival Footage
Panelists at a recent Doc U event organized by the International Documentary Association weigh in on 6 things to keep in mind when working with archives.
- POV's 25th Anniversary
In 2012, POV celebrates 25 years of broadcasting on PBS!
- Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS
Simon Kilmurry, Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV, will be participating in the "Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS" panel hosted by the International Documentary Association (IDA) on May 10th.
- The Best Documentaries of 2011 (Updated)
Nerd out to our infographic of the top documentaries of 2011, based on lists from critics, documentary festivals, industry organizations and online voting!
- Toward a Cultural Institution Dedicated to Documentary
Heather McIntosh provides a survey of organizations whose relationship to the documentary form, or dedication to the form have helped shape and promote the genre.
- With New Documentary Requirements, Oscar Is Just Being Oscar
Heather McIntosh talks with Michael Moore about the new process for documentary Oscar eligibility, and rounds up the flurry of commentary about the changes in the film press.
- The Best Documentaries of 2011
According to who you ask, the best documentary of 2011 could have been one of 67 films. Could it be The Interrupters? Nostalgia for the Light? Project Nim? Cave of Forgotten Dreams? We've constructed a handy graphic to help you make your own decision.
- A Recap of the Doc U “Can Your Doc Really Change the World?” Panel at POV
POV recently hosted IDA's Doc U on the Road to examine the question "Can Your Doc Really Change the World?" with a panel of documentary heavyweights.
- IDA's Doc U Comes to POV with the Panel “Can Your Documentary Make a Difference?”
POV is proud to welcome the International Documentary Association (IDA)'s Doc U on the Road to Brooklyn on Monday, December 12, 2012.
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Documentary Fans and Documentarians
Watch, Make, Learn! This year give the gift of documentaries. For once, we mean it literally!