- Regional Filmmakers With an International Footprint: 50 Years of Kartemquin Films
Kartemquin Films co-founder Gordon Quinn shares the key to the Chicago production company's longevity.
- Doc Memo: Political Scandal in 'Weiner', 2016 Docaviv Festival Winners
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Helpful Resources
Some key resources, both online and in print, that helped develop materials for The New York Times Op-Docs curriculum.
- Announcing the POV Hackathon 9 Participants' Choice Award Winners…
In Your Own Words: Understanding The Troubles wins the POV Hackathon 9 Participants' Choice Award -- voted on by all team members at Chicago Innovation Exchange on August 16, 2015. See all the projects and prototypes, coming soon to the POV Blog.
- Justine Nagan Appointed Executive Director/Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV
Justine Nagan has been named executive director of American Documentary, Inc. (AmDoc) and executive producer of POV (Point of View), its award-winning documentary series on PBS, the AmDoc board of directors announced today.
- Watching Kartemquin Films
Kartemquin Films has a strong Chicago connection, and many of its documentaries are about the city and its people in some way.
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report
A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.
- “Propaganda” Is the Wrong Word to Describe Kartemquin Films
Heather McIntosh weighs in on the denying of of Kartemquin's tax exemption because of the claims of its "making a selling of propaganda DVDs."
- Now Available for Streaming: In the Family
'In the Family' will be available for free streaming on the POV website from April 15, 2013 through May 15, 2013.
- A Visit to Kartemquin Films: Uncovering a Documentary Technology Trove
Some of the older filmmaking technologies in use and in storage at Kartemquin represent important markers in documentary production history.
- A Visit to Kartemquin Films: An Inside Look at a Corner Documentary Production Studio
This post is the first in a series about my visit to the documentary production powerhouse Kartemquin Films.
- Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS
Simon Kilmurry, Executive Producer of American Documentary | POV, will be participating in the "Doc U: The Future of Docs on PBS" panel hosted by the International Documentary Association (IDA) on May 10th.
- Toward a Cultural Institution Dedicated to Documentary
Heather McIntosh provides a survey of organizations whose relationship to the documentary form, or dedication to the form have helped shape and promote the genre.
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Documentary Fans and Documentarians
Watch, Make, Learn! This year give the gift of documentaries. For once, we mean it literally!
- A Conversation with Steve James, Director of 'The Interrupters'
James discusses the film, his multi-award-winning Hoop Dreams and what he's learned from following film subjects over years.