- Exhibit Highlights 50 years of Kartemquin Films History
Is the personal political? Kartemquin Films retrospective engages visitors on this crucial question.
- Doc Memo: 7 Ways Brexit May Impact British TV Industry, AFI DOCS Reminds Filmmakers of Transparency
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Doc Memo: 'Hoop Dreams' Steve James on Sustainable Filmmaking, Hulu to Offer Cable Service Online
POV’s daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Hollywood's Opportunity for a Referendum on Scientology
Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear is giving Hollywood the chance to say, "This Scientology crap isn't what we're about."
- Watching Kartemquin Films
Kartemquin Films has a strong Chicago connection, and many of its documentaries are about the city and its people in some way.
- Documentary Community Gathers at 2015 Cinema Eye Honors
If there is ever a question whether or not there's an actual community of documentary filmmakers, the first bit of evidence should be the Cinema Eye Honors.
- With 'Life Itself,' Steve James Has Earned the Right to Oscar
He's already been robbed of one. After decades of making documentaries, Steve James has earned the right to be recognized with an Oscar.
- We the Economy
This new online documentary series is striving to explain the economy through 20 short films.
- #365Docs: Hoop Dreams (1/365)
A memorable sports documentary requires two things: goosebumps and a good story.
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.
- “Tell Me Something” Features Advice From Fifty of the World's Best Documentary Filmmakers
Doc Soup Man interviews Jessica Edwards, editor of "Tell me Something," an in-progress photography and creative advice book from fifty of the world's best documentary filmmakers.
- CNN Films Jumps Into Documentary Fray with Spurlock, Rossi, Bourdain, and More
A look at the new CNN Films banner and some of the documentary and nonfiction programming it will offer.
- 'The Interrupters' Takes Top Two Prizes at Cinema Eye Honors 2012
On a rainy evening in Queens, New York, a group of documentary luminaries got together to celebrate the 2012 Cinema Eye Honors, a five-year-old awards show for nonfiction filmmaking.
- Suggest Your Favorite Documentary for Preservation in the National Film Registry
The Library of Congress is asking viewers like you to nominate films for its National Film Registry.
- The 2011 Documentary Oscars: My Shortlist
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston proposes an entirely different list of 15 films that could have just as easily been deemed Oscar-worthy.
- A Conversation with Steve James, Director of 'The Interrupters'
In his new documentary The Interrupters, director Steve James tells the story of three former gang members who "interrupt" violence in urban Chicago. James discusses the film, his multi-award-winning Hoop Dreams and what he's learned from following film subjects over years.