Mega-Mixed Super-Spicy Gazpacho
12 ounces tomato juice
1 large tomato
1 small green pepper
1 small onion
1 zucchini (Optional. We don't really like zucchini.)
1 clove of garlic
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 tablespoons olive oil
pepper (very important)
1. It's chopping time! (Kids, ask your parents before cutting anything). Chop the tomato, green pepper, onion, cucumber, zucchini and garlic into little pieces.
2. Put the chopped vegetables, tomato juice, and olive oil into a large plastic container.
3. Okay, here's why it's called spicy gazpacho. Add the cumin and chili powder to the mix.
4. And a pinch of pepper.
5. And a few drops of Tabasco sauce.
6. Come on, you can add more pepper than that. Put a few more pinches in.
7. Oops! Too much pepper. Better balance it out with some more Tabasco sauce.
8. Just a little more pepper...
9. You're almost done. Now you have to mega-mix it. Put the lid on the plastic container and make sure it's secure.
10. Play the Isley Brothers' song, Twist and Shout. (If you don't have it, buy it or borrow it from a friend before proceeding.)
Well, shake it up, baby, now, (shake it up, baby)
Twist and shout. (twist and shout)
(Note: This step isn't really necessary. It's just a lot of fun.)
12. When you're done shaking it, put the gazpacho in the refrigerator until it is chilled.
13. Then eat it! It's the best part.