You probably have some questions about adoption.
Maybe you're wondering what to do next... or you need more information... or you just want someone to talk to.
If you're looking for advice, expertise, or resources, there is a good chance you will find it on the Internet. The adoption community is active online, and they're here to help.
Of course, there are individuals and organizations looking to take advantage of you. Be cautious, especially if personal information or money is requested. It is always a good idea to ask around if you think someone's offer might be unscrupulous.
The list here is introductory, not inclusive. It contains ten good places to begin exploring the online adoption community.
- International Soundex Reunion Registry (ISRR)
- ISSR is the nation's oldest and largest mutual consent reunion registry. If you're searching, make sure you register here! And you can register or volunteer for the RegDay event.
- Adoption Registration Coalition (ARC)
- ARC is a volunteer organization which disseminates information regarding ISRR.
- Voices of Adoption
- This site includes poetry, stories, essays and articles relating to adoption.
- Adoptive Families of America
- This nonprofit organization offers many amazing resources for prospective and adoptive families.
- Concerned United Birthparents (CUB)
- CUB is a supportive community of birthparents offering local meetings, articles, and an annual conference/retreat.
- Bastard Nation
- Dedicated to opening records, Bastard Nation is the place to find out about adoption activism.
- An Adoptee's Right to Know
- This site offers invaluable resources for all parts of the triad - especially adoptees. This site includes the extremely helpful "Shea's Search Series".
- Terminal Illness Emergency Search program
- Free search support is provided by TIES to those suffering a terminal illness. If you don't require this type of assistance, find out how you can help someone else before it's too late.
- Adoptees' Internet Mailing List
- Find out about, and join, the nation's oldest and largest all adoptee mailing list.
- Sunflower Birthmoms
- Discover and join this supportive mailing list for birthmoms only.