Hawaii Quiz Answers
The 8 main islands of Hawaii from largest to smallest are Hawaii, Maui, Oahu,
Kauai, Molokai, Lanai, Niihau and Kahoolawe.
True. Volcanic mountains absorb tremendous amounts of water and create fresh
- True. South Point, on the island of Hawaii, is the southernmost point in the US.
- Mauna Loa has the greatest volume of any volcano, 10,200 cubic miles.
- False. The first capital of Hawaii was Lahaina.
- Honolulu is located on the island of Oahu.
- True. The islands are drifting at 1 inch per year.
- The first king of Hawaii was Kamehameha I in 1810.
- Yes, all of the land of Hawaii is volcanic.
- Hawaii is closer to North America.
- Kure island is at the northern end of Hawaii.
- True. The Hawaiian chain is over 1,500 miles long.
- The oldest volcano on the island of Hawaii is Kohala.
- Pele is the goddess of fire.
- The Hawaiian hot spot over which the islands were formed has been active for
over 70 million years.