- Name the 8 main islands of Hawaii from largest to smallest.
- T/F Volcanic mountains absorb water.
- T/F South Point, on the island of Hawaii, is the southernmost point in the
- Which Hawaiian volcano has the greatest volume of any volcano?
- T/F Haleakala was the first capital of Hawaii.
- Honolulu is located on what island?
- T/F The Hawaiian islands are drifting NW at about 1 inch per year.
- Who was the first king of Hawaii?
- Is all of the land on Hawaii volcanic?
- Hawaii is closer to: A) Asia B) North America C) the South Pole D) Australia
- What island is at the northern end of the Hawaiian chain? A) Kure Island B)
Christmas Island C) Palmyra Island D) Wake Island
- T/F The Hawaiian island chain is over 1,500 miles long.
- The oldest volcano on the island of Hawaii is: A) Kilauea B) Mauna Loa C) Kohala D) Loihi
and is on the island of A) Oahu B) Hawaii C) Maui D) Lanai
- Pele is the goddess of: A) the earth B) the ocean C) the sun D) fire
- The Hawaiian hot spot over which the islands were formed has been active for
at least: A) 1 million years B) 6 million years C) 20 million years D) 70 million
Hawaii Quiz Answers