- Country Reports - Brief economic histories of 42 nations, selectable by COUNTRY NAME and YEAR, with supporting economic data displayed as graphs.
- Brief descriptions of historical Key Events, important flashpoints that have influenced the evolution of the modern global economy, 1910 - 2002
- Profiles of individuals who helped shape modern economic history or have contributed to our understanding of economic forces and events.
- Transcripts of selected interviews with people featured in the broadcast selectable by NAME, COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, PROFESSION, OR TOPIC.
- Glossary of economic terms.
- Essays and Features about key economic ideas, institutions and trends.
- You can also browse the film's content via the Storyline.
- View a Sitemap
For best results, it's important to choose your keywords wisely. Keep these tips in mind.
- Try the most obvious first, if you're looking for Milton Friedman, enter "Milton Friedman" rather than "economists."
- Use words likely to appear on this site with the information you want. "Inflation Germany" gets better results than "price increase in Germany."
- Make keywords as specific as possible. "Politics, Argentina" gets more relevant information than "political climate in the world."
- To search a range of dates, enter a span of years such as "1950-1955" or a decade such as "1980s."
Automatic "and" queries
By default, Commanding Heights Search only returns results that include ALL of your search terms. There is no need to include "and" between terms. Keep in mind that the order in which the words are typed will affect the search results. To restrict a search further, just include more terms.
Automatic Exclusion of Common Words
Commanding Heights Search ignores common words and characters such as "where" and "how", as well as certain single digits and single letters, because they tend to slow down your search without improving the results.
Searches are NOT case sensitive. All letters, regardless of how you type them, will be understood as lower case.
Back to top