» Answer KeyStudent Viewing Guide #1: True and False
1. False - Most diets begin in January.
3. False - Blood glucose tests check for diabetes.
4. False - Two-thirds of Americans are overweight.
5. False - Animal fats are unhealthy.
8. False - Most diets are quite different in their approach to weight loss.
9. False - Calories are the basis for weight gain. Low-fat foods can be very high in sugar.
10. False - You would gain the same amount of weight.
14. False - Around 90 percent of people gain back their weight losses.
19. False - Children were more physically active in the past.
20. False - Walking is an excellent way to lose weight.