In this lesson students will:
- Expand their knowledge of issues related to U.S.-North Korea relations
- Watch the documentary critically, looking for quotations and important issues
- VCR and Monitor
- FRONTLINE film "Kim's Nuclear Gamble"
- Or, watch the full program "Kim's Nuclear Gamble" ONLINE right here on this web site!
60 minutes for viewing, 15-20 minutes for class discussion.
As you screen the film, tell students to watch critically, writing:
- at least two questions the documentary raises for them
- at least one quotation representing the North Korean view and one quotation representing the U.S. view.
After viewing the film, invite students to share their questions and quotations and engage the students in a discussion about the documentary.
Participation in viewing activity and class discussion